12.30.2013

a time to celebrate



As I enter my birthday month and the beginning of the new year, I am reflecting on all the goodness in my life. All the sadness. All the uglyness. All the awesomeness. All the laughter. All the tears. All the "stuff" that mixes together to make this one brutiful life.

In this reflection, I have decided I have plenty of stuff. I want to celebrate in a different way this year. To my friends and family, I ask that you consider making a donation to one of the following organizations to help me celebrate my 33rd year!

The Intercollegiate YMCA of Indianapolis

I love how this organization seeks to create and empower cause driven leaders through a campus presence. Students at each of the Indy campus YMCAs are doing amazing things from implementing an after school program for children in a local section 8 housing community to setting up a homework tutoring club at a local library to traveling domestically and abroad on service-based trips to meet community need during Fall and Spring breaks.  I loved my opportunities to serve in college, and those opportunities led me to choose a career devoted to helping and service as well as instilled in me a desire to continue to serve in my community upon graduation.

Learn more about the mission and programs of the Intercollegiate YMCA: http://www.indymca.org/centers/intercollegiate/center-news/

Support the Intercollegiate YMCA: https://indymca.thankyou4caring.org/annualcampaign.  **Be sure to choose the Intercollegiate YMCA as the center where you want your funds designated.

Girls on the Run of Hamilton County

I wrote about this organization when I first started this blog.  Though I am not involved at the same level I was three years ago, I still believe in the mission of empowering girls to walk/run/move forward and OUT of the "girl box" and lead healthy, joyful, confident lives. I love that running is integrated into the curriculum because running has become such a source of confidence for me over the past ten years.  I think this program is powerful and fun, and I think Molly Barker totally rocks.

Learn more about the mission and programs of Girls on the Run of Hamilton County: http://gotrhamiltoncounty.org/.

Support Girls on the Run of Hamilton County: http://gotrhamiltoncounty.org/donate/

Cheers to an amazing year, my friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment